Koinonia Christian School Red Deer (KCS-RD) is a Preschool to Grade 12 school committed to a Biblical standard of spiritual and academic excellence. Koinonia Red Deer also provides Christian homeschool options for all of Alberta. We believe that every child is made in the image of God and has unique talents and needs. Koinonia Christian School Red Deer provides a program which enables each child to grow spiritually, academically, socially, and physically so that he or she is equipped for service to God.
We are committed to a Biblical standard of excellence for the glory of God in all that we do. We believe that anything worth learning should be learned well.
Koinonia Christian School Red Deer is supported in this mission by our membership in Koinonia Christian Education Society (KCES), Association of Christian Schools (ACSI), and Association of Independent Schools and Colleges (AISCA), which provides support, oversight and a common set of core policies.
Statement of Faith
1) We believe that the Bible, containing the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is the only inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God and is the final authority on the Christian faith and life. (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
2) We believe there is only one God, who exists eternally in three equal persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit — and who created out of nothing the heavens and the earth and all that is in them by the power of His spoken word (Genesis 1:1; Genesis 1:26; Psalm 33:6; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1-3; Mark 1:9-11; Hebrews 11:3).
3) We believe that Jesus Christ is both true God and true man (Exodus 3:13-15 and John 8:58-59; John 1:1-18; John 10:30-33; Galatians 4:4-5; Philippians 2:5-8; Hebrews 2:14-18). We believe in His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-23; Luke 1:26-35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His substitutionary death (Romans 4:25; Romans 5:8; Galatians 3:13-14; Hebrews 2:9); His physical resurrection (Luke 24:39-43; I Corinthians 15:1-22); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19; Luke 24:50-53); and His personal, visible, and bodily return in power and glory to judge the living and the dead (Acts 1:11; Revelation 20:11-15; Revelation 22:12).
4) We believe that men and women were created by God in His own image (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 9:6); that marriage was instituted by God whereby a man and a woman are joined together in lifelong commitment to faithful companionship, and that Biblical marriage is the only legitimate and acceptable context for sexual intimacy (Genesis 2:20-24; Matthew 19:4-6; Romans 7:2; I Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that all men and women are born spiritually separated from God because of sin (Genesis 3:23-24; Romans 3:10-12; I John 1:8-10), and are incapable of being reconciled to God apart from the work of Jesus Christ (Romans 5:6-8; Acts 4:12; Ephesians 2:1-5).
5) We believe in the absolute necessity of rebirth by the Holy Spirit for salvation (John 3:1-3; I Peter 1:23). We believe that man is justified (declared righteous) by God on the single ground of the righteousness of Jesus Christ (namely, His sacrificial and atoning death on the cross to pay the penalty for sin, and His perfect obedience) freely given to all who believe in Him. We believe that this saving work and perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ can only be received by faith alone (Isaiah 53:1-12; Jeremiah 23:6; Matthew 20:28; John 3:16-19; John 5:24; Romans 3:21-26; Romans 4:1-3; Romans 5:8-19; Romans 10:1-10; I Corinthians 1:30; II Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 2:21; Ephesians 2:8-9; Philippians 3:7-9; I John 4:10).
6) We believe in the physical resurrection of both the saved and the lost. Those who are saved will rise to eternal life, and those that are lost to eternal punishment (Matthew 16:27; John 5:28-29; Matthew 25:46; I Corinthians 15:12-17).
7) We believe that the Church is the body of born-again believers in fellowship with Christ and with fellow believers (I Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 2:19-21; Hebrews 10:25).
8) We believe in the presence and power of the Holy Spirit, who indwells believers enabling them to live a Godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16; I Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 2:10; Ephesians 5:15-21).
While Koinonia Christian Schools acknowledge and respect the legitimate differences that exist within evangelical theology, only the above doctrines will be taught as truth in our schools.
Koinonia Christian Schools are "discipleship" schools not "missionary" schools. Our goal, within the four walls of the classroom, is not to evangelize the lost, but to train up our children in the way that they should go. We believe that developing committed Christian disciples of our own children is the first and foremost application of the Great Commission. Therefore, we admit children from families who subscribe to our Statement of Faith and agree to abide by our Parents' Commitment.
Every year a team of students from grades 9-12 join with students from other Koinonia schools for a missions trip to Mexico. We also support local ministries and provide opportunities for our students to serve in their community.
Everything in life is different when one comes to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Honoring Him as Lord and Savior in a school makes an equally great difference. From how we conduct our janitorial duties to how we counsel students needing discipline; from board policy discussions to student playground behavior; from how we mentor, encourage, and socialize with each other. Everything is different because of God's presence.
It is not uncommon for students to set up pray times, start mentoring programs, and share lunch time with the different ages in our school. Generally, the first Thursday of every month is all school chapel, where the whole school comes together to worship God. Worship team is led by students. Weekly chapels are led by local pastors and ministries.
Koinonia students excel as strong leaders in the workforce, community, Student Council, churches, and with their peers.